1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

new shocks?

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by redneckarmyMP, Jul 20, 2009.

1. redneckarmyMP

redneckarmyMP Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

can anybody reccomend some good longer shocks for the front and rear to go with my leveling kit and add-a-leafs?im wanting to replace my old ones and get rid of those little spacers that came with the new keys.i dont have a whole lot of experience shocks so any help and suggestions will be greatly appreciated!
  2. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I highly recommend the Bilstein 5100 or Rancho RS9000XL
  3. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Bilstein 5100 ^^^^:great:
  4. Jimmiee

Jimmiee Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I have both brands and I'm happy with both. Bilsteins on the Silverado and RS 9000s on my Toyota Cruiser.
  5. redneckarmyMP

redneckarmyMP Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

ive heard good things about both.ill look around and see what the best price is.thanks for the help!
  6. Offshore24

Offshore24 New Member

Best pricing I've seen is on the Bilsteins. I'm looking at upgrading the shocks on mine as well. Had Rancho 9000's on my F150 and they were a great improvement.
  7. Jonesygmc

Jonesygmc New Member

Just put a set of bilstein 5100's on my truck, two fronts and shipping on my door for about $260 Canadian.... So quite a bit cheaper in USD. I am very happy with these shocks, my old OEM ones topped out so much after my leveling kit that they blew. no problems so far with these and they ride like a caddy a 4x4 caddy that is lol
  8. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

new shocks

Offroad Unlimited has a Bilstein front and rear shock made for leveled trucks.
  9. Toolman

Toolman Member

Ya know....I have to agree... I have Bilsteins on my Silverado and RS 9000's on my Dodge Ramcharger. I had problems with the RS5000's wheel hopping on the Dodge and after changing to the RS9000's , simply made it dissapear.

After doing the suspension on mY Silverado, I wouldn't hesitate to reccommend Bilsteins. When I built and raced class two and 9 cars we used only Bilsteins exclusively...and know we weren't sponsered for shocks.... FWIW.
  10. vms4evr

vms4evr Rockstar 100 Posts

How about for a truck that is not lifted. Stock height and springs. I assume they are stock shocks. Red body with black boot on top. This is an 06 Silverado K1500 Z71 with 50K on it. I'm thinking of just freshening up the shocks.

I found some Bilstein HD shocks. Front - F4-BE5-6500-H0 and Rear - F4-BE5-2905-H1
    for $257 for the set of 4.

Would that make sense or would you put 5100s on a stock street truck?

I will tow my car behind it 10 or so times a year. Other than that it will have a pretty easy life.