1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

new shocks

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by coombia21, Aug 29, 2009.

1. coombia21

coombia21 Rockstar 100 Posts

i recently put 350lbs in the back of the truck and the back of the truck dropped 4 inches and was lower than the front if i replaced my shocks with a stiffer set like a set out of a 2500 or 3500 would this help the sagging
    i dont even want to see the truck with the wheeler in the bed and a couple deer and 3 deer stands
  2. Toolman

Toolman Member

Shocks will not change your ride height, they merely dampen the control of spring rate oscillation.

If your loads are seasonal or by inconsistant needs, and you don't want a perminate lift from installing after market springs or add-a-leaf set, you may want to look into air bags that you can control from the cab.
  3. kgibson181

kgibson181 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Yeah get an add-a-leaf or some blocks. Preferably the add-a-leafs for hauling.
  4. Z71_guy

Z71_guy Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

look into Monroe Coil over load leveling shocks they work wonders
  5. ippielb

ippielb Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

get an over load spring for your leaf springs, or air ride, all those will stop it.
  6. 5speedsilverado

5speedsilverado Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

blocks wont help, they only lift