1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New Silverado High Country edition video

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by ChevyFan, Oct 4, 2013.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

You already know many of my thoughts:
    Under rear seat storage isnt included in a high end model? How hard would it be to make a removeable container?
    Personal preference would be softer leather on the seats and door panels. This is more of a luxury vehicle than a work truck.
    The rock shields on the rear wheel wells look silly, again personal preference.
    woohoo more power outlets and different types than I can think of a good use for, a great idea to include 110, 12v, and usb.
    Removal of the rear seat drink holder on the back of the center console should be rethought, drink cups in the doors spill when doors get slammed and if carrying 3 in the back there arent enough door holders and the center seay fold down holder cant be used.
    Love the easy open and close tailgate.
  3. ChevyFan

You ought to be a pro reviewer.
  4. tbplus10

I know we didnt get to drive the HighCountry but if it drives anything like the trucks on the test track Id rather stick with my 2011 previous version truck.
    The LSD made noises Ive never heard from my truck and the stereo display was way to distracting.
    Hill hold was a great idea though, worked very good, Im not sure how much you messed with it but even on the slick surface they had it caught traction and drove up the hill, almost impossible to make it spin a wheel out of the hill hold.
  5. ChevyFan

I'll post up the gopro camera videos later in the week. I got some video of you pulling up in the Vette. The video of me getting on the Vette isn't so funny ... "fat guy in a little car ... fat guy in a little car ..."
  6. tbplus10

Im not that big but even for my size the Vette is still a slight challenge getting in and out, its low so you gotta stick the right foot in first then kind of slide and dive to get the torso and left foot in, getting out means using hand holds the door and roof to climb up.