1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New Silverado High Country from TFL.

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by stchman, May 6, 2013.

1. stchman

stchman New Member 1000 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p21cOA9mEMM

In the presentation it looks like the High Country will be made to compete with the King Ranch, Laramie Longhorn, and Toyota Tundra 1794 while the upcoming Sierra Denali will compete with the F150 Platinum ad Toyota Tundra Platinum.

I'm sure it's ALL marketing ploy by GM, as I'm sure the High Country will be 1-2 optional features short of a Denali. I've sat in a King Ranch, a Platinum, and the F150 Limited, and quite frankly, the only difference is a colors and a badge.

I'm glad GM is going to enter the ultra luxurious pickup segment. These cowboy Cadillacs are HUGELY profitable.
  2. RayVoy

RayVoy Active Member 1000 Posts

From what I saw, in that vid, it's a trim package added to the LTZ.

You've got ta love the "branded" leather seat.

A friend has the Dodge LL and it is a nice trim package. this looks like a similar trim.

I wonder if the new Tahoe will have it as well (including the big engine).
  3. stchman

I actually considered a Denali when I bought my 2013 LTZ if I did not HAVE to get the 6.2L engine. IMO GM made a mistake by making the Denali have the more gas thirsty 6.2L engine ONLY, I hope GM does not do the same to the 2014 Denali and removes those ugly LEDs around the headlights.
  4. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts

Ok.. So Lets see what they do with the Caddy if no more EXT...
  5. stchman

Apparently the Tahoe, Suburban, Yukon, and Escalade will get re-designs based on the new Silverado.

From everything I've read GM is discontinuing the Avalanche and Escalade EXT, apparently lack of sales.

Looking at the figures, GM sold ~24K Avalanches in 2012, and ALL combined Escalade sales (Escalade, EXT, ESV) only sold ~23K. In contrast, GM sold ~27K Yukons( Yukon and XL ) in 2012. GM sold almost as many Avalanches as Yukons in 2012. Since 2009, the number of Avalanche sales has done nothing but increase. Now that GM is making the Avalanche look good, why axe it?

It would seem to me that GM should keep the Avalanche while probably discontinuing the Escalade EXT.
  6. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Active Member 1000 Posts

i dont like it at all, the more i look at the new ones, the less i like them.

Alex
  7. stchman

I really like the new 2014 Silverado. What's not to like?
  8. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Active Member 1000 Posts

the front end is to busy, to tall, the fender flares, especially the front ones, are massive, the inside is nice, except the dash cluster, along with the radio area.

just dont like em. dont much like the sierras either really.

Alex
  9. stchman

Contrary to what the folks at GM are saying, the 2014 Sierra and Silverado are essentially clones with some slightly different cosmetics. The interiors are virtually identical expect for badges and red for Sierra and blue for Silverado when it comes to instrument illumination.

The 2014 Sierra and 2013 Sierra are very alike, the following pic illustrates this.

GMC-Sierra_2014_photo_1a.jpg
  10. buckmeister2

buckmeister2 Member

ALEX, you and I are pretty much on the same page. That front end looks like something out of a kid's toy closet. I was looking for buttons or switches to make it change into a building, or a bridge, or godzilla, or something. The interior is very nice, I love the leather seats. Okay....where the hell did they dig up those funky-clunky side steps...from an '86 C2500??? Geez, those things are ugly.

I think this truck is going to be a hard sell, just imo...

jim