New Silverado owner

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by jbruch694, Nov 11, 2010.

1. jbruch694

jbruch694 Member

Hi all,

I am new to this site, and i am just starting to drive, my first vehicle being an '04 silverado, standard cab, long bed, that I bought dirt cheap from a company's fleet (150,000 highway miles, well-maintained.) It's got a 4.8 V8 in it, and it runs great, however I am trying to make it look less boring, but not in an obnoxious way. I've already taken a sawzall to the stock muffler and welded on a flowmaster 50 series, i also built my own stereo system, complete with an 800 watt sub, sounds great.

What could i do to make this thing look better?

Thanks! -JB

2. chevybulldog6

chevybulldog6 Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Well, there are many options for a Silverado. Lets start with a current picture so we know what you are working with?

Are you wanting to change looks or performance?

a few options for looks:

Blacked out or color matched grill/bowtie
    removing some or all decals and molding
    window tint
    wheels/tires

3. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the site!! And yes, pics would defnitely help. In addition to what chevybulldog mentions above, you could lift, nerf bars, fender flares, etc....

btw, congrats on your new ride!!

4. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome aboard!

5. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club!

6. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the G M T C !

7. SliverZ71

SliverZ71 Rockstar 100 Posts

:sign0016:to the site

8. jbruch694

jbruch694 Member

9. Vincennes02261897

Vincennes02261897 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site and congrats on the new truck! You've got a nice ride there.

It looks like your windows could use some tinting. Other than that, I would certainly save up for some nicer wheels and tires so that you can replace the ones you currently have whenever they lose tread. I'm also a big fan of offroad lights in the grille and it turns out quite nice on your truck's body style. It's also a very useful addition. Let's see.... a toolbox would make your bed look a little more proportionate to the size of your cab and beef up the look of your truck a bit more. Even if you don't think you would have a need for it, you can rest assured that you'll find plenty of things to stuff in there.

10. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club, JB.