New silverado owner

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Bubca916, Jul 20, 2011.

1. Bubca916

Bubca916 New Member

I just bought a 2004 Silverado 2500hd I LOVE IT a couple things wrong with it #1 Glovebox wont open its not closed all the way but not open either how do i take it off the bolts on the bottom and rivets? #2 my plug for towing its not in the outlet could it just not be on the truck? how hard is it to put one in? any advice helpful thanks.:glasses:

2. Bigg Ron

Bigg Ron Rockstar 100 Posts

Welcome to the club!
    Maybe easiest to drill out the rivets. as for the socket, it may be broken and under the truck, or never installed. You can get a plug that will plug into the existing harness, or you can splive into the harness, but would advive looking for option 1.

3. billnorman

billnorman Rockstar 100 Posts

If you are looking for a (male) plug to go in the socket, it doesn't come with the truck, you buy it at an auto parts store or Wal-mar.

4. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club. I agree with BR to find a plug-in socket for your truck. Theres a ton of socket plugs out there for the GM trucks. Most shops that install hitches should be able to help you.

5. SkyBig

SkyBig New Member

Welcome to the club! Unfortunately I don't have any recommendations for your glovebox and plug. Hopefully you get the problems fixed and some pictures up soon.