New Slilverado Work Truck Owner in Lovettsville, VA with major Rhino job.

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by hfguy, Aug 6, 2012.

1. hfguy

hfguy New Member

I'm an old school PU truck and sports car guy. Got a 53 Chevy PU I'm restoring, a 73 Ford F100 with 3 on the tree, and just got this new 2012 Silverado work truck. Hate white trucks so I drove it from the dealer to my local Rhino liner place and had them not only do the bed but also about 6" high from front to back on along the rocker panels. Also I had the shop paint the B pillar flat back and I gotta tell you this truck has been transformed into a very cool looking dude. It's an extended cab with 8' bed, 5.3 liter with the 6 speed Allison. A great driveline. It'll probably be my last truck so I hope I get it to go and go for years.

Got a major stupid question. That light switch! Read and reread the owner's manual but I still can't understand how that stupid light switch works. So when it's rotated counterclockwise to the on/off position, it's spring loaded so it obviously is only a momentary position. Question is this: How do you know if you've switched the lights on or off? I've got a stretch of road near me (Rt. 15 from Point of Rocks, MD to 340) and there's a mandatory headlight law as this highway due to high crash rate. I can't tell in daylight if I have the headlights on or off. How can I tell? Am I dumb or just stoopid........of both?

Bob in Lovettsville, VA

Last edited: Aug 7, 2012
  2. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

all the way left is "off" all the way right is the "on" position. it will stay there. if you go one click from far right, thats the daytime setting.

Alex

3. LOVINTHESTORM

LOVINTHESTORM Active Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club!

4. AMac

AMac Member 2 Years GMTC Chick 500 Posts ROTM Winner

I'd like to see some pics of the rhino liner job.
    Welcome to the club!

5. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

We are the Borg. Lift your vehicle and surrender your keys. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile. Erm, I mean ... welcome to GM Truck, Bob! :great:

6. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the house of BOWTIES

7. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the G M TC !

8. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club, it's good to have you aboard. :glasses:

9. hfguy

hfguy New Member

Thanks guys and two more questions

Thanks for the welcome to the Chevy truck community, but don't forget, I've had my '53 3100 PU for years. It's got a 4 on the floor and still has its original stovebolt 216. Needs a lot of tender loving care. OK, so I've got two more questions:

- It really bothers me that there's no under hood sticker on my new truck with engine type and specs. I've not had a car or truck for years with no underhood engine sticker. Is this normal?

- Also, I'd like to post a photo of the truck with it's custom rocker panel Rhino liner job. What's the best way to do this?

Thanks guys. Bob in Lovettsville.

10. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club! Someone with a newer truck than mine will have to answer the sticker question my 2005 has it. I would also love to see pics of the rhino job. When you are posting look up at the group of boxes above the box you are typing in. The second row down, four boxes over has 4 icons in it. The third one over is to post a picture. If you hover the arrow on it, it will say insert image. Click that then click select files. Click your picture file from your computer and then click upload.