1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

"NEW" Smittybilt M1 1 Piece Black Mesh Grille? What do you guy's think!??!

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Rockstarrchevy81, Sep 5, 2011.

1. Rockstarrchevy81

Rockstarrchevy81 Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Hey everyone i have been looking at grilles that resemble the RBP grille and finally came across the Smittybilt M1 grille that looks exactly like it but is priced at $350 and i can get it on Sale for $315 from Autoanything with Promo code pick10. I was gonna get the grille similiar from ebay but think this will be of better quality since smittybilt is a know brand in the industry. This will def. be my nexy mod to my truck before other's make there way to purchasing it! Let me know what you guy's think!!!!:great: Here is a link to it: http://www.autoanything.com/billet-grilles/61A6207A0A0A2646461.aspx
  2. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

I like it!,it reminds me of the grills on the big rigs.
  3. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Looks Great on that F-150.... It will look better on your Silverado......I think after you have it installed I would take some great HD shots of the truck to send to them So they can post them up on their site...Your truck would look great on there...

:great:
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2011
  4. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Seems like you are sold on that style grille so you should just go ahead and get it, I'm sure it will look good on your truck with the look you have going with it. I'm still not a fan of it like I said in the other thread, here's a pic of the old stock car look that I said it reminded me of.

[​IMG]
  5. Rockstarrchevy81

Yeah i appreciate it man just looks more held up than the one on Ebay. Yeah i think i should buy one and get some nice pic's made up to possibly get posted in there photo gallery! Yeah all i've seen is them on the Dang FORD! I think my kit comes in 2 pieces i seen on 1 site say that but i thought it was a 1 piece grille shell? Idk i emailed a guy who sells them that's on a duramax forum hopefully he can cut me a price and give me all the info i need to know! I will keep everyone updated..

---------- Post added at 10:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 AM ----------

yeah lol you gotta give tha Ebay grille props is did look a bit better than the old stock car grilles lol!

---------- Post added at 10:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 AM ----------

Thanks man. I'm trying to get more info on the grille since it's so new still i can't get any reliable info on everything about it before i buy it.. i will keep yall updated.

---------- Post added at 11:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 AM ----------

Well the guy Emailed me back and said that Smittybilt m1 grille only comes in 1 piece right now i assume he was explaining for 09-up f-150's and the superduty's! I told him to be more specific since he didn't explain either about if it was a 2 piece grille! Either way he should reply back sometime soon but i really want a piece grille if not i tolf him to let me know soon s there available!
  6. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I am sending this link to Smittybilt to see if you can get some more info...
  7. Rockstarrchevy81

Response from Eric Newell @ performance truck products: I see what I can find out. I know on mine I had to cut the center out, I'm guessing this one leaves the bowtie and cener bar. It may have to do with rigidity. I do know the Smitty built brand is 4wheelparts in house brand stuff.

Well from what the guy told me is with the Smittybilt m1 grille the 07-11 Chevy silverado 1500's have the 2 piece grille. I'm still not totally sure if they are inserts or not because he told me that the Chrome horizontal piece in the center of the stock grille that the bowtie is stays and the rest of the grille border and shelle is the black border with the chrome rivets with black stainless mesh. I think he told me that it helps the ridigity of the grille which i could see the point. If this is how the grille is i think i could buy it even though it's not a True 1 piece. I like the Idea of having the stock chrome piece in the middle and my black bowtie and it doesn't take away the whole stock grille just makes it look more custom that a plain 1 piece mesh grille wouldn't yall think?