1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New spam emails!

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Pikey, Jan 22, 2013.

1. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

[MENTION=51590]Pikey[/MENTION], it goes with the turf of being detail-oriented. :)
  2. stchman

stchman Active Member 1 Year 1000 Posts

Really and really.

JK, I use Hotmail for all my junk stuff. Hotmail's junk filter is pretty good IMO.
  3. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Is that what they call it now detail oriented? I guess I'm to much old school I still call it anal retentive.
  4. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

It is, indeed, what it's called when it has a positive connotation. The devil is in the details when it comes to what I do for a living ... as is true when working on vehicles. :)
  5. Pikey

Pikey Active Member Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

If I had a choice I would want someone "detail oriented" helping me work on my truck. Unfortunately, none of my friends or family fit that description when it comes to automotive. The guy I worked for used to drive me crazy with details. When we would rebuild foundry equipment he would have me remove every bolt, even on brackets that we were not replacing or doing anything to. Every bolt was then cleaned in a heated parts tank and then cleaned on a wire wheel. Before reinstall all bolts were then cleaned with brake clean and blown off with a air gun. All bolt holes were cleaned with brake clean, wire pipe brushes, compressed air, and threads chased with a tap. It would drive me crazy. Then, I realized how embarrassing it would be it I had to go into the field for a warranty repair and pull a bolt out with the threads covered in sand or worse, not be able to get the bolt out at all. I now apply the bolt and hole cleaning concept to almost anything I do to a vehicle. (interior dash bolts not not apply in most cases) My friends get mad when a brake job takes 45 minutes instead of the 20 a quick brake shop would take. When I explain that I am cleaning all the bolts, holes, and slides, they ask why. Then I show them that the slide pins are dry and the brake shop did not bother to lube or clean them the last two brake jobs they had done or explain that loctite's purpose is defeated if it is put on a bolt that is going into a dirty hole. So, if someone asks me if I am "detail oriented" or "anal retentive" I proudly respond with a "Yes".