1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

new steering column truck won't start

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by mitchel1819, Aug 6, 2011.

1. mitchel1819

mitchel1819 New Member

I have a 98 chevy s10 and i installed a new steering column but now the truck will not crank and security light starts flashing. I was told its because the computer has to be reset and that I should be able to do it myself with out taking it to the dealership.........Can anyone help by telling me the steps that you take to do this.............will be very greatful for any help on this. Thanks
  2. Ethan

Ethan Rockstar 100 Posts

I thought you had to do it with a scan tool? I'd be interested to see if you actually can. I know on my sisters Honda, you hold the gas pedal and brake pedal down at the same time with the car in the on position but not running for 5 seconds to reset it, or something crazy like that.
  3. Z71 Coltman

Z71 Coltman Member

Look around for a chevy one, I think its somethin like its pressing the brake pedal in a certian sequence.