1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New Stereo in 1988 Chevy

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by cajunz, Mar 23, 2010.

1. cajunz

cajunz New Member

Hey guys, great site. I've searched but had no luck finding the info I'm looking for. I have a 1988 Chevy 1500 and want to replace the oem sound system. Are there any systems that fit in the location of the original head unit? Thanks for any help.
    Brent
  2. sharpshooterusmc

sharpshooterusmc New Member

to put an aftermaket radio in ur truck u have to get a dash kit that replaces the plastic piece with the airvents and cassett player. they make a cool little cubby hole to fill the spot where the factory radio was
  3. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Moderator Staff Member ROTM Winner Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

Crutchfields is one of the Best outlets to see & find what Stereo will fit in your ride.

Link,
    http://www.crutchfield.com/m_266150/Car-Stereos-Components.html?tp=9
  4. Dr Len

Dr Len New Member

I have the dash kit to replace the casette player and put a head unit there. I have the pocket to replace the stock radio somewhere. I also have a compleate Alpine CD Changer and and Alpine shuddle Link for the stock system
    It works perfect and is all free to you.Just pay for shipping.

Just PM Me
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2010
  5. mmorgan1865

mmorgan1865 New Member 1000 Posts

:sign0016: To the GM Truck Club!
  6. KidHauler

KidHauler New Member

Wow, Doc, what an offer! Now I wish my '89 needed a stereo!!
  7. Dr Len

Dr Len New Member

Still up for grabs Just PM me
  8. Dr Len

Dr Len New Member

Its gone. Lucky guy is. That Silver Step Side.At least its going to someone who can use it. I hate throwing good stuff away.