1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New Suburban

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by GoFastSam, Nov 29, 2012.

1. GoFastSam

GoFastSam New Member

Picking up a '97 Suburban 1500 either tomorrow or Saturday! Looking forward to it! It's an amazing truck! 120k miles. Needs the usual fixes (fuel lines, rear break lines etc) for a 97, but nothing crazy!
    This is it (from the ad):

truck.jpg
  2. 1953bowtieguy

1953bowtieguy New Member

looks like you bought a nice suv, now you just need to get aftermarket wheels, nerf bars and tinted windows on it. but other than that it is a nice suburban, good find
  3. silverhobey

silverhobey Member

Congrats.....looks pretty good, clean, level, and straight....
  4. GoFastSam

GoFastSam New Member

Thanks guys! I plan do do upgrades in the future, but drive it stock for now. I'll take plenty of pictures when I have it at my house. Looking like tomorrow is the day I drive it home, if not, then Sunday.
  5. mfleetwood

mfleetwood New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Looks like its in great shape...also, the miles are very reasonable given its year. Looking forward to seeing interior pics. Congrats!
  6. GoFastSam

GoFastSam New Member

Thanks! Picking it up today...will take plenty of pics!
  7. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Nice find! looks nice and clean. Let us know if you have questions while doing your repairs.
  8. GoFastSam

GoFastSam New Member

Truck is now at the local repair shop in my town! They are going to start tune up/inspection etc tomorrow. Got a few more pictures. The last 3 were from the shop, and the first one was when I went to go get it. Oh, and a 2.5 hour wait in the DMV today....how fun is that....not! It was worth it though!!

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. jimcinaz

jimcinaz New Member

Very nice. the exterior really looks clean except for that rear bumper. that's going to have to go. Hey your in NY, that's to be expected
  10. GoFastSam

GoFastSam New Member

Yeah, looks ugly with the rust, plus wont be safe if it starts to fall apart!