1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

New Sylvania SilverStar® zXe & rebate for SilverStar / SilverStar Ultra

Discussion in 'Lighting Discussion' started by AMac, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Thanks Can I go to Bed now?? LOl Gotta drive up past Albany,NY in the morning.. They are nice and bright I have a pic with them on 1 side and the Ultras on the other just gotta find it. I do have the HID's in the fogs 30 watt. And you can see the LED's in the Hood scoop. They are white now but I can flick a switch and they are Blue...

Nite Guys....

2. AMac

AMac Member 2 Years GMTC Chick 500 Posts ROTM Winner

You are so awesome! Thank you so much! Now I just have to wait until they are on the shelves for purchase. Oh and of course, install my new headlights which are on backorder. So I have some time.

Oh and the blue LEDs were intriguing...:great:

3. Jeremy09LTZCrew

Jeremy09LTZCrew Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

So you're getting the Silverstars to go with your Spyders? Do you know how long the backorder is? I really want lights, but I also wouldn't mind waiting to see what yours look like before throwing the money at them.

4. SWAT13

SWAT13 Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 100 Posts

I have them on both high and low beams...the fogs haven't come out yet...it's a 5202

5. Enkeiavalanche

Ok here is some info on the New zXe's there are 2 parts to this.. Can't post up the other info yet BUT as soon as I can you may like it.....[​IMG] But here is the first part...

From my friend at Sylvania

Thanks. I will pass this along to a few people. There are 7 types available now as SilverStar zXe, since last summer actually, 9003 zXe, 9004 zXe, 9005 zXe, 9006 zXe, 9007 zXe, H7 zXe, H11 zXe. The other 5 should be available shortly through retailers, probably this summer. 9005XS zXe, 9006XS zXe, H1 zXe, H3 zXe, and H13 zXe.

As you have in one of my other emails, the zXe are not designed to be brighter than Ultra but much whiter. The great thing about whiter light is it gives you a perceived brightness because items are clear when viewed.

6. AMac

AMac Member 2 Years GMTC Chick 500 Posts ROTM Winner

Okay thank you again. Pretty disappointing that he's saying late summer since their website says April.

[MENTION=53586]SWAT13[/MENTION]
    I didn't think they were coming out with the 5202 which I believe is the same as H16 and 9009.

7. Enkeiavalanche

Sorry just got this for your reply..

5202 is not anytime is the foreseable future. It is a philips only bulb right now.

8. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

I put the zXe's on my truck a while back. The next day I had to make a road trip and it was foggy out. The way those things cut down on the glare I was sold. But I wanted my fogs to match and as has been talked about, not an option. So I went with Putco 39000K ( I think that is what they are). The ZxE's said on the box they were in the 37000k range. If I could get my fogs to match the lo beams I would put the zXe's back in.

9. Enkeiavalanche

Ok It's time...... Who would like a Brand new Pair of the Sylvania zXe's? Just got a email from my friend at Sylvania and he will send out some pairs to some members on here as long as I get some feed back to send to him.. I will make a Post about this and how many I have to give away this weekend so Stay Tuned!!!!!! :party:

10. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

[MENTION=34858]Enkeiavalanche[/MENTION] I would be interested in getting some of the zXe's for my fogs. I think they are the 9005's.