1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New system...Finally haha

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by Z-71, Feb 6, 2012.

1. Z-71

Z-71 New Member 100 Posts

I just got the rest of my system and hooked it up today...

two 10 inch Type-r's 2ohm dvc and a subthump box
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have an alpine MRX-100 powering them @ 2ohm (don't mind the dirty floormats)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And a pioneer AVH-P4300 deck
    [​IMG]

It all sounds good,I have had louder systems but it has good sound quality and is plenty loud for me.With the volume cranked at idle the volt gauge goes down but comes back up when the bass stops.Driving my gauge doesn't move at all but tomorrow I'm picking up a 200 amp (100 amp @ idle) alt from NAPA for $260.All I have left to do is to tidy up my wires and screw my amp down.
  2. sstoner911

sstoner911 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Looks good. I like the Alpine Type R subs. What did the box and subs run you? The subs are rated for 600watts RMS..how do they sound at 2ohm? I think with that amp at 2 ohm your pushing 1000 watts which probably isnt a big deal for that sub as long as your not hammering it for long periods.
  3. Burden33

Burden33 New Member 100 Posts

Real nice set up i got a swr-t12 and a pdx-m12 from alpine and waiting on ordering my other swr-t12 as soon as i get back from my trip.
  4. Z-71

Z-71 New Member 100 Posts

Thanks guys,The two subs and the box came out to about $330.And yes at 2ohm the amp pushes 1000 watts (1045 according to the card that it came with).I figured it was a decent match for the subs 600 rms x 2.Hey Burden33 how do you like that amp?I almost bought that one but I figured the MRX-100 would work for me.
  5. Burden33

Burden33 New Member 100 Posts

ill let you know as soon as i got it all in im just waiting for my box but its ward to find one for a shallow mount sub
  6. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

CEA-2006 Power Rating: 600W x 1 (4 0hm@14.4V = 0.10%THD+N), 1000W x 1 (2 0hm@14.4V) S/N 90dBA (Ref. 1W into 4Ohm):

You could give them a lot more power for deeper Bass..You all have to remember.. Our trucks will NOT give the Amp 14.4 volts.. If you are lucky It will get around 12.8 So that amp is giving about 600-700 watts RMS x 1.. at 12 volts..
  7. zigger215

zigger215 New Member 100 Posts

I measured 14.1 at the power distribution and then 14 right at the amp. But that's with a "big 3" upgrade, bigger alternator, 4 batteries (about to be 6) and 1/0 for my main feed and 4awg to two amps and two batteries.

The most common meter readings I see in a standard sub/amp install on chevys (and fords) are between 12.3 and 12.9 under load (100hz solid tone @ around 135db)
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2012
  8. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

4 Batt's Ok I did not see that.. Why so many? Good Wire too.....
  9. sstoner911

sstoner911 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I installed a digital volt meter and at idle under load its measuring 12v and some change at the deck which probabaly is close. With the truck moving that has gone up as much as 14.3.

I havent measured at the amp but I may do that just to see what its getting. I have a yellow top battery only because i run the system with the truck off for extended periods.

I didnt even think of the volts in my earlier post....he may even be under powering the subs slightly which is just as bad as over powering them.
  10. zigger215

zigger215 New Member 100 Posts

Good tip on noise reduction. Power your deck off your amp. So instead of using the 12v constant and the ground from the wiring harness, run a 12v and ground from the amp up to the deck. It makes all your power for your system common. We do that to all complete system installs.

Power that meter off the amp for most accurate results.