New Tahoe....help with headlights

Discussion in 'Chevy Tahoe Forum (GMC Yukon, Cadillac Escalade)' started by rockrash, Apr 1, 2009.

1. rockrash

rockrash New Member

Hi all.....I recently traded my 05 Tahoe LT for a 2009 Tahoe LT. Anyway its time to start the mods. Im starting out simple and want to change the DRLs to amber lights. For the life of me I cant figure out how to get the headlight assemblies out so I can make the switch. I have the two bolts from the core support out and have wiggled the lights loose but cant get them to come out of the vehicle. I cant get my hands in behind the assemblies to make the switch either.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2009
  2. bob13

bob13 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I don't know the answer to your question but you should try posting in the "audio,video, electrical forum. Good luck!

3. Montana

Montana Member

Same problem here. I called my friend at the local chevy stealership and he faxed me the directions. There is a hidden bolt behind the wheel house liner. in otherwords, you have to open up the front half of the wheel well and there is a bolt in the lower, outside of the lamp assembly. :grrrrrr: They had a good thind until 2007, now they want you to go in to get a headlight changed. HTH

Scott
    Kalispell, MT

4. fragmore

fragmore New Member

Remove headlights

Wiggle it til it comes out. Sometimes the hole is misaligned just a bit.

5. trojans1981

trojans1981 New Member

yeah u have to almost remove the whole front bumper in order to change your lights