1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New Tahoe owner...

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by heywood1231, Oct 4, 2009.

1. heywood1231

heywood1231 New Member

Hey y'all

Just bought myself a 99 Tahoe. Pretty happy with it in the first few days of ownership... other than knowing I'll be in for heftier fuel bills that I'm used to. :)

Just replaced the front rotors and pads today. Need to replace the hose to the power steering pump (found out yesterday that it's leaking). Will do that tomorrow. Noticed that the 4x4 low option seems to not be working properly. I'll be posting questions on that in the appropriate forum...

Other than that the truck is really in mint shape. No rust anywhere, interior is mint.... One owner truck that appears to have been very well maintained and used primarily as a highway cruiser.

Anyone have any suggestions as to what else I should check on it?
  2. unplugged

unplugged New Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site. Congrats on the new ride.

Change the fluids and filters so you have a baseline to work from. Run the AC once a month during the winter just to keep the freon from homogenizing. Run some fuel injector cleaner through the system and try to keep the fuel tank above 1/4 to prolong the fuel pump life.
  3. retired2001

retired2001 New Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site!
  4. GMPartsClub

GMPartsClub New Member GMTC Sponsor

5. ct9a

ct9a New Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site!
  6. Eddie Z71

Eddie Z71 Active Member 1000 Posts

Hi, and welcome to the site!