New Tail Light Fitment ~ Anzo USA Lights

Discussion in 'Lighting Discussion' started by jake's silverado, Dec 26, 2011.

Newest Photos

1. jake's silverado

jake's silverado New Member 100 Posts

First off I hope everyone is doing well and Happy Boxing Day! Now my dear wife picked me up some ANZO LED, (311081) tail lights for the 2011 2500HD and I must say they look spectacular on the truck! These came with the full harness and I really have had no issues getting them hooked up in behind the bumper( see the 1 pictures)
    Where my issue is, is the fitment of the lenses. I even lubed where they insert but it appears that they have bottomed out. So here is my question to you knowledgeable people is this what is expected from after market pieces? Please let me know your thoughts...(see #2 pictures)

The lights are the correct ones (see page 18) http://www.anzousa.com/download/2012catalog/anzo_2012cat.pdf

Any help is appreciated.
    I thought of that black peel and stick weather stripping but don't think I should have to.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2012
  2. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I have a set of LED tail lights on my 05' Silverado 2500HD, they are from IPCW though. Mine are the same way if not worse, It bothered me at first but I have gotten used to it. The water will drain out the bottom of the rear quarter panel, I wouldn't put any weather strip on but that's up to you. Also mine were so misaligned that I couldn't get the upper screw into the factory hole, so It's held in place with just the bottom screw lol! Been driving it like that for 6 years...
  3. Boonduff

Boonduff New Member 100 Posts

I have never seen an aftermarket lamp fit as well as well as an OEM lamp be it a taillight or headlight. The aftermarket just does not have the quality control that the OEM does.
  4. jake's silverado

So I stopped by and discussed it with the dealer and looked at their truck... Mine don't fit that bad. They gave me some black paint to black out the silver... Should be fine! Thanks!
  5. GMCErica

GMCErica New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

They look Awesome! Nice install!! :)
  6. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Those look pretty sweet, nice mod!
  7. jake's silverado

Need your help or thoughts...
    Driving home yesterday when I put on the right signal light I received the fast flash for my signal indicating a burnt bulb. I checked it out and it is my right rear LED. It does not function. The clear reverse bulb works and the parking LED's light when I turn on the headlights. I removed the lens and the connection to the 2 resistors was badly corroded. (this is after 5 months of service) So I cleaned them up, cut off the connector and direct wired them. I checked the resistance and It seems like they are open cct (infinite Ohms) when I have the turn signal on i have no power in the assembly. I guess the next thing is to see if I get power to the plug at the back of the truck where the wire harness plugs in.

Fuses are ok...
    Any thoughts? I might even try hooking up the non LED's (I left the old wire harness there). Need this fixed by Wed...

Thanks Pat.
  8. AMac

AMac New Member 100 Posts

Yep the aftermarket tail lights wont fit as perfectly as the OEMs, it's unfortunate though. The top 2 pictures don't look bad though and the tail lights look nice on your truck. Happy modding!
  9. jake's silverado

Hey AMac how`s things? Ive gotten over the fitment. Now I have one signal that does not want to work. Not to happy...
  10. AMac

AMac New Member 100 Posts

Your signal is not working in the tails? more details please.