1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New Tail Light Fitment ~ Anzo USA Lights

Discussion in 'Lighting Discussion' started by jake's silverado, Dec 26, 2011.

1. jake's silverado

jake's silverado Epic Member 5+ Years 100 Posts

SO I had the truck on the highway and was getting the fast flash indicating a burnt bulb, but it was the rear passenger side that wasn't functioning. I checked the fuse and it was blown. pulled the lens, and the resistor connections were corroded just after 5 months of service, the resistors were open circuit, so I cut the connectors off and direct wired the resistors (just removed the connector) tried it again and blew another fuse. So I pulled the connector that plugs the LED into the truck harness under the truck behind the hitch and corrosion there as well. Figure I have a dead short now. Trying to get a full refund but before I knew exactly what I had the store ordered me a new set as a replacement, and now want to charge me 15% restock. My Dear wife paid $500 for these lights and if it was a requirement to fill the connectors with dielectric grease they should have provided it, as well the connector to the resistor is one similar you would find inside the truck not exposed to the water/salt crap...

So I should hear tomorrow what they are going to do... Love the lights but ...
  2. jake's silverado

jake's silverado Epic Member 5+ Years 100 Posts

returned for full refund. I was told there are some quality issues at this time. That's to bad as I like the looks, but for the price not impressed. The dealer was great.