New throttle body spacer

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by A1CMason, May 7, 2009.

1. A1CMason

A1CMason Rockstar

Got my TBS put on today...havent seen any difference in fuel milage just yet, but have noticed a slight power increase, and more throttle response..

0507091328.jpg

2. drumrob

drumrob Rockstar 100 Posts

Nice!!!! I have been debating on getting one, i am not sure if its worth the money. What do you think?

3. masterfoxscout

masterfoxscout Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Sounds about right...throttle response and low end power is all I gained.

4. cascott325

cascott325 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

i have had one in my closet for months now. it has been on once, but i had to take it right back off b/c of my k&n tube pushing into my fan and fan shroud.

5. drumrob

drumrob Rockstar 100 Posts

How did you like the spacer? Is it worth the money?

6. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Good to hear. A majority of people have said they are not worth the money because of the too-small of gains that are achieved with one but it's good to hear you are satisfied with yours.

7. ippielb

ippielb Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Same thing, let me guess it's a K&N 57 Series CAI? I bought that one, and an AirAid PowerAid throttlebody spacer. Couldn't have both on, so i sold the 57 Series and bought an AirAid CAI fits good, does just as well as the K&N, and you can install both the spacer and CAI at the same time. Well worth it in my opinion.

8. cascott325

well i couldnt use it. i have the 57 series k&n as asked in another post, so i couldnt use the tb spacer. i dont have the stock air box, so i couldnt use it no mater what road i took. i never thought about using airraide intake tube, but i am going to solve the problem by eliminating my clutch fan and fan shroud and install an electric setup. i have to look up the write-up on here on how to do it with an electric fan off of a ford taurus, but this will give me so much more room for more goodies!

9. Blazerado

Blazerado Rockstar 100 Posts

So how did the airraid spacer and intake do combined? Would u recommend them.

10. cascott325

if you are referring to what i posted, i wasnt able to combine the two due to limited space. as soon as i get my electric fan setup in, then i will post pro's and cons