1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New Tire/Lift Question Silverado 1500 z71 2008

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by iNsAnEcLoWn, Feb 22, 2010.

1. iNsAnEcLoWn

iNsAnEcLoWn New Member

Hello everyone, I am due for new tires soon, right now I have p275's on stock Chevy 20" rims. I really want bigger tires but I do not want to have to buy new rims. I would also like a lift kit, but I do not know where to start. Any suggestions on tires to go with my stock rims as well as a lift? I do not want huge tires just maybe 33s or 35s.

FYI My truck:

2008 Chevy Silverado 1500 Z71 5.3L Crew Cab "Work Truck"

thanks guys
  2. chschevy58

chschevy58 New Member

depends on how much money you want to put into your truck? do you go off road? do you care about your warranty?

if you dont want to spend alot ... if you dont go offraoding or in the mud alot ... and if you care about your warranty just do what i did and go simple. level out your truck for nice stance and you can fit larger tires ... thats about 200 or less (depending on the leveling kit) and can be done by the average car guy (i installed mine with the help of a buddy) ... get some 33" all terrains and put them on your stocks ... i used nitto terra grapplers and got new rims. take a look at my truck to get an idea.

if you want to spend alot of money ... you do off raod and get in mud and you dont care about your warranty then go crazy with it. get a 4.5"-6" suspension lift (this voids warranty mostly every time and can cost usually around 600+ and has to be professionally done so installation will cost a **** load) ... then throw some 35" mud tires on there. i didnt go that route because i like my warranty and i have a 2wd and thats way to f*cking expensive.
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2010
  3. iNsAnEcLoWn

iNsAnEcLoWn New Member

Yah I don't want to spend a whole lot. I don't off road at all, I only use my 4 wheel drive once a year when I travel to New Mexico to go snow boarding. I am not truck savvy would discount tire be able to install a level? Yes I would also like to keep my warranty.

So this is all I need to get besides the tires? I found a 2.5" level:

http://www.readylift.com/c-37-silverado-15002500hd-2000-2010-2wd-4wd-8-lug-25.aspx
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2010
  4. DarkCherry

DarkCherry New Member

you can get a leveling kit alot cheaper than that readylift kit. All leveling kits are is a steel or aluminum spacer. They all work the same. Why spend $200 plus when you can get one for under $100.

http://www.topguncustomz.com/Store/products.php?S_ID=16111
  5. chschevy58

chschevy58 New Member

i used readylift because i got it as a gift and they are a very good product. i was looking at top gunz. do not use rough country ... i think they are sh*t. top gunz is a good one.
  6. chschevy58

chschevy58 New Member

that is the wrong leveling kit. this is what you want from readylift ...
    http://readylift.com/c-122-new-kit-silverado-1500-2007-2010-2wd-4wd-6-lug-225.aspx
  7. iNsAnEcLoWn

iNsAnEcLoWn New Member

8. chschevy58

chschevy58 New Member

9. DarkCherry

DarkCherry New Member

yes that kit will work for the newer trucks.

Personally I think I am going to get the 2" kit for my truck. Just waiting for the crappy stock tires to wear out first. They are getting there pretty quick since I have been going off road more than not. These goodyears arent made to hold up too well on gravel and mud.
  10. iNsAnEcLoWn

iNsAnEcLoWn New Member

Any reason why you are going for the 2" vs the 2.5"?? I thought the higher the better?