New Tires! Need Input

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Lil_Red_Chevy, Feb 22, 2011.

1. Lil_Red_Chevy

Lil_Red_Chevy Rockstar

Hey guys,

So I'm gettin ready for the summer and I need new tires. I want offroad capability and a good ride on the street and I've narrowed my choices down to three tires: BFG AT's, Hankook ATM's, and Wrangler Duratrac's. What experience do you guys have with these tires? good? bad?

2. cusveller

cusveller New Member

Can't tell you much about the wranglers but i work with a oil field company and we used to use the hankooks but we found they just didnt last very long. The BFG's where tried and they ran great, found they lasted alot longer. problem was with think mud but beside that there a great tire. I recomend the BFG's.

3. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I am not a fan of the KO's. I ran the DuraTrac's on my '08 Z71 and I really liked them. They have great road manners and do good in mud and sand.

4. jbjones240

jbjones240 Rockstar 100 Posts

I am a fan of the BFGs, I know many people that have run them for years. I would have put them on my truck but I got a really good deal on my Bridgestones.

-JJ

5. drm223

drm223 New Member

dura-tracs have no warranty, bfg's aren't very good on road, hankooks well their hankooks. I'd go with General grabber AT2, good for on and off and they have a good warranty.

If your buying LT tires none of them will have a warranty.

(I'm a tire guy)

1 person likes this.
  6. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

I've been running BFG KO's since last August and I haven't had any issues. They ride great on road and still get very good off road traction.

7. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I've had several sets of BFG A/T's and M/T's on my Silverado and Suburban. Both rode well and lasted on the street. The A/T's work well in the sand, rock and street, but not in the mud. They worked well for what they were designed for. The M/T's worked in the mud well and on the street. I always get 50,000-55,000 with the M/T's and 60,000-65,000 with the A/T's. I do keep them rotated.

8. Lil_Red_Chevy

Lil_Red_Chevy Rockstar

Ok well, originally i said no to the Generals because I kept seeing bad reviews about their wear, but you're the third tire guy that I've talked to and said I should try em. So, now I think my choice is between the Generals and the BFGs. The duratracs are nice but I'm on a budget (I'm tryin to get close to a 33" tire) and nobody on here cares for the hankooks haha. thanks for the advice and you're signature is the funniest thing I've seen all day.

---------- Post added at 10:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 PM ----------

Thanks for the advice guys. prob won't go with the duratracs or the hankooks.

9. drm223

drm223 New Member

One more thing...

Most manufacturers offer 30-45 day ride guarantees so if your not happy with them you can return them and try out something different

that sigs going on my back glass soon:lol:

10. Lil_Red_Chevy

Lil_Red_Chevy Rockstar

just an update to this I actually went and got a set of Cooper STs. i got a great deal on em, they ride nice, great reviews, and so far I'm overall pretty impressed.