Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New tires wearing uneven...help!

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by arinmybackpocket, Nov 25, 2011.

1. I got some Goodyear duratracs (315/70 r17)about 6 months ago and have been extremely happy with them so far. Hopwever, I recently was looking at my front tires and they are extremely worn on the outer edges. The center and inner portion of the tread looks almost new as do the entire back tires. I am guessing that my alignment is off and also guessing that this is not an inflation issue. Can anyone chime in about the best way to go about getting this taken care of? Could this be something other than an alignment issue? I am confident it's not my lift (6" Fabtech w/ 4.0 dirt logic shocks). How much is a typical alignment for a rig like mine ('07 Silverado, quad cab, 4x4)?
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

rotate front and back first. then get an alignment done.
  3. Burden33

Burden33 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

hey bud i just got my duratracs but i had the same problem before and had to get a new wheel aligment pluse its always good to rotate your tires every 5k just to be on the safe side this will help with keeping the tires even
  4. 2COR517

2COR517 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

You never lined it up after the lift kit?
  5. Burden33

Burden33 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

who me or the new guy i had mine done but it came loose so i had gm redo it since i was not going back to see my buddy and they screwed it up i just recently had my buddy do it again for me when i installed my new tires