Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New tires, wheels... lift kit? '04, Ext Cab Z71 4x4

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by wdprice3, Jul 23, 2010.

1. wdprice3

wdprice3 New Member

2004 colorado
    ext cab
    Z71 4x4
    dark gray fenders
    silver birch body

Looking to get some flat black rims and more aggressive tires (all terrains probably). I don't really do much off road and I do some towing.

I have no clue how to shop for these items. I'm also interesting in going with larger tires, which would probably require a body lift (or just spend the money on a suspension lift?)... something like 17" wheels, 285 tires, and 2" body lift?

any suggestions/help? merchants, brands, styles, etc?
  2. 1flyfisher

1flyfisher Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

Yes, you should start by contacting tire stores and asking them questions and getting accurate professional answers.
    Les Schwab, Tire rack, Discount Tires ....LOL right next to your post is an add for discount tires. Try clicking on it.

3. j-schmizzle

j-schmizzle Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

welcome to the site from san fran, ca. for lifts, you might want to check out the following sites: 4wheelonline.com, truckaddons.com. as for tires and rims, i agree w/ fly fisher - go to your local tire shop. or you can go to jegs.com and check out thier their wheel simulator.
  4. wdprice3

wdprice3 New Member

Basically, what's the biggest tire I can go without a lift? I'm planning on cranking the TBs tomorrow.

If I went with a 2" or 3" body lift (suggestions on these welcome) what size wheel/tire do you recommend?

I plan on stopping by a few stores in the area, but I would also like some suggestions from people not trying to take my money.

and I see no ads. Firefox+Adblock FTMFW! So, no I won't be clicking on any ads you are seeing.

I have been looking at several sites, but I don't know what size tires would require a lift and what size lift etc.

thanks for the suggestions given. I was also hoping to get suggestions on styles that look good on other people's colorados.
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2010