1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

New Tires

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by CarpenterGuy, Sep 28, 2009.

1. CarpenterGuy

CarpenterGuy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Ok, i'm extremly excited. I got a set of 33x12.50 mickey thompson mtz's and a guy at NTB told me that they might not be able to put them on because they didn't come from tirerack.com or the other place they get tires from, but he wasn't sure. Does this sound right? I cant call any other places right now because its after closing time for most places. where did yall get your per-ordered tires on?

2. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I can totally believe that, because I had a similar situation happen with my shocks. I had bought a brand new set of Edelbrock IAS shocks from Summit Racing for my S-10, and I took them to NTB to have them put on and they told me they wouldn't do it because I didn't buy the shocks from them. They are kind of finicky about that stuff, so it wouldn't surprise me in the least.

3. redneckarmyMP

redneckarmyMP Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

i just went to a little local shop.i hate going to chain places.they always come up with an excuse as to why they cant or wont do somthing

4. CarpenterGuy

CarpenterGuy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I called Firestone this morning and asked them and they said "what size are they?.....ok...yeah we will put those on for you.....for $200" so i said screw it. THEN i remembered a friend of ours who owns a car dealer with its own shop and stuff, so i had him put them on for free. i'm going to get picks up asap. these things look like beasts.

5. Jimmiee

Jimmiee Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Take the night off and relax. :)
    Call around tomorrow and get some prices. If a tire shop is slow they will give you a deal sometimes.