1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

new to 4x4

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by 2wheelmudder, Jun 13, 2010.

1. 2wheelmudder

2wheelmudder Rockstar 100 Posts

so i had just purchased my 2000 2500 yesterday and i was looking at leveling it out and i looked at full inspection of my truck underneath it has a huge driveshaft looks new and i was looking at torsion keys/bars noticed the bolts stuck out prbaby a 1/2 inch or so if i tighten them will that lift it more in the front? i am going to eventually do add a leafs in back and do a front axle swap and i promise to get pics up tomorrow. Also my T case seems to be covered in some oil and i noticed at the top there was almost a oil overflow hose that cuts off i will get pics up tomorrow after work but i really have not much clue about the 4wd drive train since im new to them buti love the truck so far:happy: although todayi had to buy a new battery
  2. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Congrats on the new rig.. And to be safe i would just go and get the lifting keys.
  3. wis bang

wis bang Rockstar 100 Posts

That cut off 'overflow' hose may be the diff vent, it is supposed to extend up into the body so you don't get water into the diff. After you service the diff fluids, extent the vent back up...