1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New to Chevy's

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by bauds, Mar 16, 2011.

1. bauds

bauds New Member

OOppss I posted on the wrong thread I believe, How do I post in other forum instead?

Hi everyone,

I have just introduced myself in the intro forum and now a question.

Well I have spent many hours lurking on the Dodge forum with my 2004 Dodge ram 1500 5.7 Hemi. I do love that truck but mpg is terrible. We use it for camping pulling a 30ft travel trailer, getting 7 maybe 8 mpg and 11 mpg whle not towing. Last year we went East Canada to Cape Breton and was lucky to get 4-5mpg in the mountains. SO,

I have finally bought a new 2011 1500 Silverado crewcab 4x4. Should be delivered in 6-7 weeks. I have bought the strick minimum, WT version with all the trailering packages possible, except the 6.2L engine. Thats all I could permit myself. I can't wait to get a new truck, first new one and my first Chevy!!!!:happy:

Is this truck with the 5.3L going to be ok pulling my 5600lbs (empty) trailer even tho GM says its rated at 9500lbs towing capacity. I do have a reese HD distribution hitch. or is it going to be like the dodge. I felt with the dodge I was struggling big times in the mountains, always having the OD off as well.

Just wondering if anyone pulling the same with similar truck? and how it does?

Thanks for all your help,
    I have been mostly a lurker on the dodge forums, but now trying to take
    part by posting. I believe these forums are fantastic !!!!

Serge
    :glasses:
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2011