New to club from Louisiana

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by LSU truckman, Jan 17, 2011.

1. LSU truckman

LSU truckman Rockstar 100 Posts

This is the first time joining an online forum but I like tinkering with trucks and cars and it's to cold for my bones to be productive in this weather the older I get. Not saying I'm old, just a little slower than I once was.
    I've had lots of GM vehicles over the years a couple fords, one dodge, one Datsun, and two Yotas. To bad GM CEOs have run my favorite brand into a wall. I reluctantly bought a new truck last month only because I need to pass my last one down to my daughter who is without wheels now because of a drunk driver. She still can't drive since her accident but when she can at least she will have more protection in my old Chevy Silverado.
    I'm looking forward to the commradery of people with the same interest as me on this forum.
    Oops, almost forgot, my name is Bobby.
    Take care

2. TexasEdition

TexasEdition Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Welcome Bobby.

3. canislupis69

canislupis69 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

From one Bobby to another...welcome.

4. phoebeisis

phoebeisis Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome Bobby
    I'm in River Ridge-4 miles west of NOLA, not too far from the airport.

I'm also "not young" almost 60, and I know what you mean about colder weather and not wanting to crawl under truck-98 Suburban-.

I have to pull my starter-and either bring it for a rebuild, or replace it with a used part or a new or rebuild.
    Can't say I'm looking forward to it even though it is a quick simple repair-maybe 30 minutes to pull it in driveway-stick a jack and stands under it to get more clearance, gets tool together- take out two mounting bolts and the nut(I guess nut) that attaches the cables.
    I'm an LSU fan also-went there in the 60's-70's.

Hope your daughter recovers ok.
    Charlie

5. LSU truckman

LSU truckman Rockstar 100 Posts

Thanks Charlie. I was in N.O. a couple weeks ago during the sugar bowl. Only 2nd time I've been there. Whew, what a city.

---------- Post added at 08:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 AM ----------

Thanks, Nice rig you got there Bobby

---------- Post added at 08:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 AM ----------

Thanks Tex. I love the Texas hill country. Been there many times.

6. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the G M T C !

7. troutbug

troutbug Rockstar 100 Posts

Welcome Bobby from another Louisianian! I'm over here in Kenner, just outside NOLA. Hope your daughter recovers 100%, and Geaux Tigers!!

8. stephan

stephan Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club Bobby..........

9. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club!

10. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome aboard!