1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New to forum, Rim issues...Love the help.

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by whitesilverado12, Sep 14, 2008.

1. whitesilverado12

whitesilverado12 New Member

Hey guys, I am new to the forum. Been lookin around trying to find the threads to help me but heres the situation. I ordered some Mickey Thompson MTZ's 33-12.5 with kmc monsters...Ended up seeing the monsters in person before the shipment was in and canceled the order...Liked them but wasn't extatic about them (mostly the center cap just turned me off on the look) ...So, put some eagle alloy 197 blacks with the tires and they rub. Heres the deal they are -11...Meaning I needed a positive offset but they don't make that. So now I am in search of a black 18" rim to go with the mtz's and have been going crazy because I can't seem to find the perfect rim for my 08 White LTZ. Since the mtz's don't have white letters on the 33's I am alright with a little chrome but not feeling the ultra thunder or motto metal look...American racing makes the marin, Rev 50 cals (unsure if they have the right offset) kmc hoss or rockstars...Any suggestions or options I'm open to. Its so tuff to custom your wheels by looking at a 4" picture online or in a magazine...
    I do have a 2" level in the front so they claim the 33-12.5 or even 275-70's should fit...
    Would enjoy some input or pics if anyone is willing to post. Thanks a lot!
    -Jordan
  2. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

i love the KMC rockstars, they are one of my favorite wheels on the market. what year truck is this going on?
  3. whitesilverado12

They are going on a 2008. I realy do like the look of the rockstars...although they are prob the most popular wheel from kmc. Seems like a lot of people have them, not that that matters I guess, as long as I like the look...huh.
  4. whitesilverado12

offset...

So the 18 Hoss is on backorder for the +18 offset which sounds like it is the size that I would need but the tire company ordered a +30 which with the 2in level...is that going to rub on the inside? Just wondering how much the alignment when adding the 2in kit is going to affect the offset or should I be fine. 2008 silverado...I was told the stock offset is +40 anyone have experience in this department?
  5. zach45

zach45 New Member

i love my black rockstarts on my white 08 1500..

wanna be diffrent get the chrome ones... i have never seen them in chrome before in person
  6. whitesilverado12

Hey I really like how that looks with your truck...what is your offset? I did end up going with the KMC Hoss but went with the 30+ 18+ was on backorder and that will stick out a little more then stock, so I should be ok...jw what your offset is..

Thanks! Jordan
  7. zach45

zach45 New Member

0 offset.... 18x9 i think
  8. whitesilverado12

And no prob with rubbing?...huh I'm starting to question the +30 then hah I like the look when they stick out a lttle bit. oh well I guess I will find out friday how it works out. Probably only about a inch different. I was just concerned with it rubbing on the inside now hah.
  9. zach45

zach45 New Member

they do ... i had to cut the back of the fender and still havent had a chance to do the front...
  10. whitesilverado12

thats a bummer...yea...I don't feel like getting the wheel well ripped out when I hit a bump and really don't feel like cutting any metal on it. hah
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2008