1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

new to forum with a 5.3 chev

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by dcgragg, Feb 24, 2014.

1. dcgragg

dcgragg New Member

hello all i am new here and have been searching for power adders as i have an 08 chev 1/2ton extended cab 2wd 5.3 with 3.73 gears. i have firestone airbags in the rear 2 1/2" cat back with flowmaster super 44 muffler. towing a 27' bumper pull travel trailer first trip to the lake then another trip pulling 20' mariah boat. i know this horse has been beat down but i need some help, wife says no to a new duramax. diablo and airraid tube? is there enough difference to make the purchase or just live with it?

Attached Files:

2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Welcome to the Site.....:glasses:.....what is the Weight of your 27ft Travel Trailer???.....

As far as power adders.....going with a Custom Tune, like ones from Black Bear Performance!! is the Way To Go.....Other than Pure HP Gains, the Overall Drivability of your Truck will be Increased....Another Item that will help when Towing, that you may want to take a look at and that is Replacing your Small Factory Transmission Cooler, with a Larger Aftermarket Transmission Cooler, and the One to look at would be the....True Cool 40K Transmission Cooler.

Tuning Services,
    http://www.blackbearperformance.com/services.asp
  3. dcgragg

dcgragg New Member

i am not for 100% right off hand, thinking its around 6000lb dry weight. i usually only pull less than 20 miles one way to the lake. truck and tranny stay fairly cool. it just needs a little get up and go to stay with the traffic on the highway. kinda whips it around a little when the semi trucks pass me going 70 and i'm creeping along trying to get the coals burning. the place where i get on the highway it is going up hill for around a 1/2 mile or so.