New to Forum

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by psmsmallengines, Jun 10, 2009.

1. psmsmallengines

psmsmallengines New Member

Hi, I have a 2008 Chevy Silverado 1500 WT, Victory Red. I put a Back Rack on it last Year and Back Rack Rails too. Step Bars by Westin. My Newest addition will be the Drivers Information Center. I will pick it up next week. Does anyone know if there is a dashboard Trim removal tool kit that is better than others? Well, I guess that starts things. This forum is very helpful. Pat

2. cascott325

cascott325 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

welcome to the club

3. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Welcome to the club first of all, and your truck sounds like anything BUT a work truck. :lol:

I have bought several dash removal tools over the years, I bought the one's from the dealer and they are nice quality but expensive at $70 for a 4-piece set. I have also bought Dorman brand dash tools from Summit Racing, they don't sell a kit but individually there tools are about $8.00 each. Recently I went into Harbor Freight and found that they have a 7 piece dash removal kit for only $8.00, I bought it out of curiousity and wouldn't you know they look like the exact same thing the dealer sells. They worked fine on my 05' Silverado dash, I can take a picture f you would like.

4. 1st Synthetics

1st Synthetics Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to GMTC!

5. bcoffman

bcoffman Rockstar 100 Posts

welcome !!!!!

6. 5point3

5point3 Rockstar 100 Posts

Welcome to the club.

7. Z71_guy

Z71_guy Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

welcome to the site