1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

new to GMC can anyone help?

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by k_lakey, Mar 11, 2009.

1. k_lakey

k_lakey New Member

thank you so much for all the info...
  2. trackbird

trackbird New Member

Above ideas are good. Also, do all of the regular maintenance stuff... plugs, wires, fuel filter, air filter. It was only good for 200 HP when new, so don't expect it to fly.
  3. k_lakey

k_lakey New Member

i never expect it to fly... but i would like it to do better then what its doing now.. feels like im towing or pulling something huge! i have 33's on it now but would like to go up to 35's ... maybe 37's was thinking about getting a tune-up kit and doing that. maybe a cold air intake and a tbi spacer....
  4. k_lakey

k_lakey New Member

just talked to a friend that has a 5.7 in his truck and he can roast the tires... and he has 35's and over 200.000 miles in his and it all stock!
  5. cascott325

cascott325 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

congrats on the purchase. do a search for seafoam on this forum, and try it out
  6. k_lakey

k_lakey New Member

really... you think it maybe that e-z? i have used seafoam b-4... it is some good stuff. that would be SO COOL!! if it was that... knowing my luck... NOT! lol
  7. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

welcome to the club!

The lazer thermoters are REALLY COOL!! I have played with them in my engien's class at school.
  8. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Put a throtlle body spacer on it as well as a Hyperchip performance chip and either turn the top to your stock aril cleaner upside down or get an aftertmarket one. I have an 87 K5 Blazer with a new GM crate motor, 4-inch lift and 35's. Stock gearing is 3.73's and it was sluggish untill I did those 3 in-expensive mods and it was like night and day difference with low-end performance.
  9. cascott325

cascott325 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

thats what i need... low end performance. it accels good until i hit 2000 rpm's, then it just comes alive. like it just snorted crack or something! lol i have a throttle body spacer, had it installed and everything, but the fan and the shroud were too close for my k&n tube, so i had to take it back off. solution to that problem, electric fan. losing the clutch fan will give me more power, electric fans can keep me cooler, and i will have room for the tb spacer. i also really want to put in a dif. cam. just dont know enough about them
  10. k_lakey

k_lakey New Member

i put the seafoam in it today and filled it up with gas... but now there something new.... when i was pulling out of my driveway to the left.. then tryed to turn to the right the wheel was a lil off then it popped and the wheel moved about 1 inch... but the tires did not move..... and the steering wheel is **** to one side. i can post a video if that would help?