1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

new to GMC can anyone help?

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by k_lakey, Mar 11, 2009.

1. trailshredder

trailshredder Member

BTW ... Nice looking Sub. Are those 285 75's? Any rub issues? Any lift?

2. GaryL

GaryL Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Thanks. Yes, 285/75/16's and a 3 inch suspension lift. I put the tires on before the lift and did not have any rubbing at all.

3. k_lakey

k_lakey New Member

im going to get a tune-up kit as soon as i can get more money and i did the injector cleaner last night. trans fluid is good. and i went and got a RPM TACH for it so i need to hook that up.. A.S.A.P. just trying to look for the right way to do that... lol oh p.s. thanks so much for all the help

4. k_lakey

k_lakey New Member

i put some seafoam in it filled it up and turned the top of the stock air cleaner upside down ... and WOW!!! what a difference!!! so now i know i want to put ram air a throtlle body spacer and a Hyperchip performance chip on it... SOON!! thanks so much for all the help!

5. skinut88

skinut88 New Member

it could be the TBI cable or possibly just needs a tune up

6. daddytech

daddytech Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

as for that pop when you were turning did you find out what that was from???

the sea foam is GOLDEN i put some in about every 40 - 50,000 miles wheather it needs it or not

as for your filter deal, you could get the same results out of putting in a K&N filter and leaving your air cleaner cover flipped over the right way.

the TBI Spacer will help a little with the power but more with the fuel economy, Since it's a 5.7 a flowmaster muffler will help too. Changing out the fuel filter is simple and may be needed also.

Another thing that worked great in my tahoe and made a noticable difference was I put in a set of E3 sparkplugs they added power and helped a tiny bit with the economy also. I don't have a race truck or anything now but it runs really well.

ALways use Mobil 1 and Lucan treatment in everything too, Oil, Transmission, rear end, and power steering. both of those are like gold also for making your vehicle last longer.

Lastly you want to let the truck WARM UP when you first start it up each time before you go driving it. I don't know why but no one wants to take 5 minutes or so to let them warm up properly everyday, they just crank it up and go and the oil hasn't had a chance to circulate properly that way yet.

7. k_lakey

k_lakey New Member

its new... like maybe 3 weeks old

8. k_lakey

k_lakey New Member

i never did find out what was with the steering.. and when i do a tuneup on it i will be using the e-3 plugs and MSD cap and so-on...