Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

New to me 04 Silverado (part Escal- theft recovery

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by poppelt, Jan 28, 2011.

1. poppelt

poppelt New Member

Just got my first Chevy. It is an 04 Silverado, theft recovery. It has Cadillac wheels, Cadillac seats and Cadillac interior door panels. It may have been picked up by the driveshaft at some point so it is flat on one end and provides and exciting ride. First thing I need to fix is the driveshaft, second the security that causes the headlights to flash. Does anyone know if there is security built into the keys on the 04?

I am looking for a 17" spare wheel, jack, spare wheel wench, radio and a bed cover at some point. At some point I will want to trade out some of the Escalade equipemnt for Silverado equipment

Here are the pics:
    http://www.interstateautocenter.com/show.aspx?vid=1727621

2. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Congrats. Looks like a nice truck. Good luck with it and welcome to the club.

3. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

The only thing that would cause the headlights the flash (at least on my truck) is that when you use the remote start and you don't have the key in the ignition. The lights flash until you turn the key forwards. Also, the only Escalade thing I would change is the wheels IMO. Everything else looks great.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2011
  4. stephan

stephan Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club Pop.........

5. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the G M T C !

6. TexasEdition

TexasEdition Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Welcome aboard.

7. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

:sign0016:To the Site......In looking at the Pictures from the Ad.......I notice something with the Front End on the Truck......Do you Know beyond the Escalade Parts installed on the Truck.......were any Exterior Body Parts/Panels changed on the Truck??.....

The Reason I ask.....is the Front-End on that 2004" Truck......is the Front-End on the 1999" to 2002" Silverado's.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 29, 2011
  8. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the site!

9. poppelt

poppelt New Member

With the website you gave me, I checked out the VIN listed in the glove box, and it was for a 2000 Silverado. This is starting to start like Johnny Cash song.

10. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Wow.....and the Ad said it was a 2004"......:neutral:.......Did you check the Vin # Number on the Driver Side Front Windshield??......If not Check it against the one in the Glove box.