1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New to me 2009 sierra crew cab wind noise coming from front left corner

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by LAURASDAD, Mar 2, 2011.

1. LAURASDAD

LAURASDAD New Member

I have read all of the posts about the cab noise coming from the rear. However, at 30-40 mph, I hear what sounds like wind/whistle coming from the front left; either the front of the drivers window, or the left side of the front windshield.

Any thoughts? Other then that, I luv the truck. Luv the bluetooth.

thanks

Larry
  2. troutbug

troutbug Rockstar 100 Posts

Does it have a bug shield on the front of the hood, by chance? I think I remember reading somewhere that this was redirecting air over the hood and it was causing the trim around the windshield to lift up on some trucks. Or it could just be that trim by itself.
  3. LAURASDAD

LAURASDAD New Member

Thanks for your reply. I do have a bug shield.
  4. troutbug

troutbug Rockstar 100 Posts

If the bug shield is easy to remove, try it and see if the noise stops. I think the solution was to use auto trim tape (the thick double-sided 3M tape would probably be best) and tape the underside of that plastic trim along the sides of the windshield to keep it from vibrating. Let us know what happens.