1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New to me '93 Burb was picked up today.

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by AdvSwede, Jan 5, 2013.

1. AdvSwede

AdvSwede New Member

I drove 174 miles to p/u the Burb. I purchased the vehicle through an Sheriff Auction. The vehicle was forfeited by the previous owner. The plan was to drive up with my car and pull the car back with the Burb. After I paid for the vehicle and got the title squared away, I got the Burb ready for the trip. Checked oil, tranny fluid, coolant (low) and jump started the truck, ran like crap, then stalled. Combination of dead battery and bad fuel. The Burb has the towing package, unfortunately, the trailer wiring was buggered up. Threw in a Grant worth of fuel and purchased battery and trailer wiring. I was now ready. I turned the key and the Burb roared to life and ran very well.

During the trip, I ran into some issues with the truck. Everything electrical on the truck works except for the cruise. When I was loading stuff in back the left barn door
    does not open. The driverside mirror is also shattered. Probably the most critical thing that happened was that during the drive the master cylinder went. Fortunately, I was very close to home.

Any way glad to bring the Burb home. I'm looking forward to working on the truck when the weather gets better.

Yes, Pics will follow.

Oh, '93 Burb 1500
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2013
  2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

We will need pics.. And what did you get it for?
  3. AdvSwede

AdvSwede New Member

It is dark now, I'll post some pics tomorrow. I got it for $880 after the premium and had to pay for title and transfer.

93_suburban.jpg
  4. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

WOW:gasp: Nice deal... How many miles?
  5. AdvSwede

AdvSwede New Member

ODO had 174,000 on it
  6. joshuaT

joshuaT Member

Nice buy!!!!