Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

new to site and have a question

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by orrsey, Oct 25, 2010.

1. orrsey

orrsey New Member

hey guys,
    Great site and tons of good information! I am located in Ontario and just bought a 07 chevy silverado Z71. I need to change the headlight bulbs and Im trying to find an easier way to do it rather than taking the grill off etc..Can I do it by taking the air filter housing unit out?? I can get at the driver side bulbs but the passenger side bulbs are hard to get at because of the air filter housing unit makes it a tight squeeze.

thanks,
    Blake

2. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

welcome aboard!

3. Sam_A

Sam_A Rockstar 100 Posts

Welcome to the site. I haven't worked on the '07 body, but I know that on the 03-06 body styles the headlights came off by removing a pin at the top. Are yours bolted on, or do they have a "quick release" pin holding them in? Somebody with more knowledge on the newer bodies can confirm / correct this info.

Do you have any pictures of your truck?

4. orrsey

orrsey New Member

No there arent any quick release clips that I know about....As for the pictures I will get a couple and try to post them.

Blake

5. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

If your just changing the bulb. open your hood and look behind the headlight. look where the wire goes into the back. turn that till it feels loose and pull it out.

6. orrsey

orrsey New Member

Well its done...thanks to those who replied. I ended up taking the air filter housing unit out which was much much easier than expected. Its actually held in by pins and comes loose by just pulling up on it. Once that was taken out I could get at the back of the light. I knew it couldnt be that complicated but everywhere i researched said I had to take the grill off, take the bolts in the wheel well out take the brackets holding the lights in off and tilt the light forward.

Blake.

7. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club!

8. Eddie Z71

Eddie Z71 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Hi, and welcome to the site! Glad to have you here!

9. canislupis69

canislupis69 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club!