1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New to site and possibly new to GM

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by JaySantos, Apr 24, 2013.

1. JaySantos

JaySantos New Member

Hi guys,
    I'm a computer nerd in So. Cali with a wife, kid and a big dog. Maybe another kid on the horizon.
    I've been driving Japanese cars for the most part, except that one Dodge that I drove in high school.
    I'll be seeking your advice on a van or suv in the proper forums. See you there :D
  2. repley81

repley81 Member

Welcome,

Go with a Tahoe, if you want something that looks good, runs great and performs well.
  3. JaySantos

JaySantos New Member

4. stchman

stchman New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Do you need a 1 ton cargo van? I would not exactly call the 3500 Express a family vehicle, but more of a heavy hauler. IIRC, the 3500 Express only has 2 seats as for a lot of cargo room.

Also remember, a 1 ton cargo van empty is going to ride harsher than a minivan.
  5. JaySantos

JaySantos New Member

Hi Stchman. The 3500 comes in a 12 passenger configuration. I figure I can remove the rear bench and create a huge cargo area in the back. Still having seating for 8 is not too shabby.

Here's something I'm looking at: http://carmax.com/enus/view-car/def... 398 9&Q=7ad951b0-46f0-4e4d-a0a4-aa4b45cbb580
  6. donyms

donyms Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome to the club, it's great to have you aboard. :glasses:
  7. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome! :great:
  8. retired2001

retired2001 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome to the G M T C !