Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

New to Site, Couple of general questions about my truck.

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by sam-i-am75, Aug 11, 2011.

1. sam-i-am75

sam-i-am75 New Member

Acquired myself a beautiful 92 Chevrolet Silverado 1500.

I have already changed out the brake/stop switch to fix a cruise control and brake light problem.

No the check engine light comes on and off at random intervals. When Coded, I get a 44, Qxygen Sensor Lean Condition.

What could cause this besides a bad sensor, how is the best way to test the sensor?

Also, does anyone know where I can get the plastic bushings on the mirrors that hold them in place from swinging back and forth? I cannot tighten the screws up any more, but cannot locate the bushing anywhere. (haven't called dealership yet.. but will if need be)

And lastly. The factory radio powers up, but unresponsive. Stays on station 98.1, volume at level 4, when you hit buttons (seek, clock, balance, etc) the screen will change to the mode but nothing changes. Station wont change. Volume wont change. Any suggestions short of a replacement?

Thanks.

Sam.:sign0020:

2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

On Trouble Code....44, some of the Possible causes include,

1. O2 sensor defective or lead shorted (A plugged catalytic converter will render the O2 sensor defective)
    2. Lean injectors (dirty or blocked)
    3. Water in fuel
    4. Exhaust leaks upstream of O2 sensor
    5. Fuel pressure too low

On the Plastic Bushing's for the Mirror's, some of the outlets to check are.....G.M.Parts Club.....C/R Resto and G.M.Parts Direct.