Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

New to site!!

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by pressemm, May 15, 2013.

1. pressemm

pressemm New Member

Hello all, names Richard. Just signed up to this site. From Virginia. Chevy's for a long time, trucks and cars. Currently have a 2006 Chevy Silverado LT 2500HD 8.1L Allison 4x4 Extd Cab. Black. She's my baby! Bought new in 06. Looking forward to reading the forums and need some help with dual battery issue which I'll be posting as soon as I can figure out how to do it, haha.

2. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club Richard, it's great to have you aboard. :glasses:

3. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the G M T C !

4. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the Club!!!

5. Bighornkid

Bighornkid Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Hi Richard. Welcome to The Club. Sounds like a nice truck.

6. SliverZ71

SliverZ71 Rockstar 100 Posts

Welcome to the Club!!!

7. Bamafan

Bamafan Member

Welcome to the club Richard. When you get time, start workin on your signature and album so we can all see "your baby!"

8. GuyGene

GuyGene Member

Welcome. Nice truck!

9. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome! :great:

There are a number of ways to go about dual batteries. Which is right for you depends on (in this order):
    1. The needs of your setup (do you need isolation? does it need to be one-way? two-way? Is voltage drop acceptable, or not? Is reliability a critical factor? etc.)
    2. Your budget
    3. Your ability or willingness to do the work yourself, and do it correctly

I've got a dual battery setup, but mine's extreme and definitely not for everyone (it's absolutely not budget-friendly, and is overkill for most people). If you PM me what you're trying to accomplish I may be able to help.