1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

    The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

    Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New to Site

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by anc001, Oct 25, 2008.

  1. anc001

    anc001 New Member

    Hi all, surfing the web for help and came across this site. Got an 04 burb. Heres my problem, when you leave the key on aux for even like five min, the car will not start, goes completely dead and needs a jump start, which is hard to due by the way. I guessing its not the battery, even though im gonna have it looked at, if i turn the car off completely, it'll start right up. but if its off and the tvs are on for like a minute, its dead. any ideas before i take it to the e shop. The other morning it it didnt start either, im guessing cause it was to cold? Any ideas or suggestion greatly appreciated, thanks again
  2. Davandy

    Davandy Moderator 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

    The battery is shot no doubt :rules:

    Welcome to the site :sign0016:
  3. dwill3015

    dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

    Welcome to the site! Sure sounds like a battery issue. When it gets colder, you will notice more battery problems as well indicating you need to buy a new battery or take your truck to an aouto parts store that will do a free charging system check.
  4. ftwken

    ftwken New Member

    :sign0016: Have your cca ( cold cranking amps ) check on the battery. If that is too low it will be hard to start. Leaving the tv, dvd on will drain it some and prob. enough to were you have to jump to start your burban.. Let us know if you get the battery check. Also make sure your battery cables are tight and cleaned.
  5. anc001

    anc001 New Member

    Well, went to advanced have had them do a battery check, sure enough it was the battery! Upgraded battery to higher amp. So i guess all is well now. Thanks for the advice!

Share This Page