Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

New to TBI's performance ?'s

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by propilot82, Feb 28, 2010.

1. propilot82

propilot82 New Member

I'm new to the TBI scene, what can I do to my TBI performance-wise for bolt-ons? It already has Pacesetter mid-length headers on it, but thats about it. I'm not looking for anything crazy, just a peppier bottom end and cruising around. I am guessing a carb. intake will work on these engines, what recommendations for that? Are there upgrades worth while for the TBI unit itself? Thanks guys.

2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

New to TBIs performance

Check out TurboCity.com, they have many perf. parts for TBIs. Also Edelbrock makes a intake, cam and heads.

3. Silverado Junkie

Silverado Junkie Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Throttlebody wise, you could get a better one or have yours bored out. Other than that, do the usual mods: intake, exhaust, tuner, etc.

4. Gambit

Gambit Rockstar 100 Posts

A quick easy cheap way to gain a little power that actually works for a TBI is a throttle body spacer. Everyone is quick to throw one on a TPI engine which doesnt really give any benefits but it works really well for TBI units. Since the fuel is sprayed into the throttle body the spacer helps atomize the fuel better by making the air more turbulant. It will give you a little extra power and save a little gas when you arent going crazy.