1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New to the board and just saying hi. Questions to follow.

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Silverbullet555, Apr 19, 2006.

1. Silverbullet555

Silverbullet555 New Member

I just stumbled across this board and am looking forward to gleaning knowledge from all of you.

I have a 1988 Suburban V20 3/4 Ton with a 5.7. I bought it last year as a tow vehicle for our boat. It is red with a Silver Stripe and has the bard doors on the back. So far, it has been great. I have put some money into it, but it is pretty clean for being nearly 20 years old. It tows the boat OK and does a great job carrying all of our gear.

Last year I added a second Trans Cooler for the TH350 and an additional oil cooler. Both coolers have puller fans to help cool the fluid. I do all my own maintenance and repair (almost all) so I am sure I will be asking lots of questions.
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Hey, welcome to the site!
  3. Silverbullet555

4. OldDiesel

OldDiesel Rockstar 100 Posts

V20? I don't think I've ever heard that designation... c/k10, c/k20 sure, but what does the v designate?
  5. Silverbullet555

V was the 4wd Suburban designation for 87 and 88. I believe R is the 2wd Suburban designation for those model years. I don't know why they went to those designations. Maybe it was at about that time they were getting ready to change the truck body styles. The suburban didn't follow for a few years.
  6. OldDiesel

OldDiesel Rockstar 100 Posts

I was not aware of that... Cool!