1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

New to the boards... from the Minneapolis area

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Jamm3r, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Jamm3r

Jamm3r Member 1 Year 100 Posts

Hi gang,

Member of many boards over the years but new here. I have a 1997 K2500 longbed regular cab that carries a 1971 Cayo C-11 camper in the summer and pushes a Western plow this time of year. It has a 5.7 and is on its third transmission, the second one having died under warranty (it was never quite right from the day the shop put it in). Previous owner put aluminum rims from an 02 on it so it has that sort of Frankentruck look. I used to use it to pull my Airstream, and have the now-discontinued Maxbrake brake controller in it. I've added a second battery, a group 24 deep cycle, that is there for the plow and the camper and connected to the alternator through an isolator relay. The only other mod is an 8-gauge charging circuit that goes to the truck camper and the trailer connection.

Also have a 2004 burb 2500, 4x4 with the 8.1. It has the same battery mod as the pickup truck, and a 6-gauge charging circuit to the trailer connector. I've also added the Maxbrake controller to this one, and it has an aftermarket trailer hitch since the welds on the stock one were starting to fail when I got it. I tow my Airstream with it, a 30' long rig that weighs around 8500 pounds.

Some of the repairs I've done myself have included R&Ring the transfer case on the 'burb (turned out that the top dowel plug was loose, an easy fix on the bench), replacing the engine oil cooler lines on the burb, water pumps on both, and replacing some of the A/C lines on the pickup.

My day job involves writing software. I used to do software for embedded controllers but these days it's mostly financial mathematics.

2. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club, it's good to have you aboard. :great:

3. 1953bowtieguy

1953bowtieguy Member 2 Years 500 Posts

Welcome to GMTC, glad to have you here.:great:

4. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the G M T C ! Sounds like you are "loaded for bear" in the camping area. Have fun!

5. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

:sign0016:to the GMTC

6. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome! :great: