1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New to the forum and I just picked up a 96 GMC K1500 Suburban!

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by Dantheman96, Jan 12, 2011.

1. Dantheman96

Dantheman96 Member

Hey everyone. Nice to meet y'all. I just bought a 96 GMC Suburban K1500 4x4 with 200,000 miles on it. It runs great and the 4x4 operates flawlessly. I changed the engine oil, transfer case and tranny fluid and it all looks clean. It already has new ball joints and driveline universals. All it needs is shocks and tires and of course a major cleaning inside and out. I picked it up for $2500 and I figure that I'll put at least that into it for the interior and the aforementioned shocks and tires. I pulled the valve covers and see some sludge. What would be the best way to clean this up without pulling the heads? I'll post some before and after pics when I get everything squared away. Thanks! iphone pics engine pics 002.jpg ! iphone pics engine pics 001.jpg

Attached Files:

2. stephan

stephan Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club. It sounds like you got a good deal on your Burb. Most of the members here recommend Seafoam for all types of engine cleaning. Be sure & follow directions carefully & change your oil filter with every treatment.
  3. jtwh20

jtwh20 Member

Once you have a big burb, nothing else will seem BIG enough :)

I have a 95 w 220,000 and it runs awesome - just took a 1800 mile round trip journey to New England over Christmas, fully loaded for less than the price of 1 plane ticket :)