1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New to the forum. had a couple questions.

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by blacknight97, Feb 2, 2010.

1. blacknight97

blacknight97 Rockstar 100 Posts

Hey guys, i just registered to the forum, ive had my 2009 silverado for about 4 months now, im slowly but surely fixing it up to what i want. i had a couple questions. 1) i live in florida, and i wanted to smoke out my tail lights but i heard they are illegal. does anyone know if this is true? or if it is different in florida? and 2) i have the 20 inch rims from the chevy dealer and wanted to put some nice rugged looking tires on them and still have the comfort on the road. does anyone have any suggestions? thanks alot. :glasses:
  2. MPclk2006

MPclk2006 Rockstar

I been looking around and it seems like its almost a police officer's discretion...at least in Texas from what I researched the law says as long as the light is still visible from 1,000 feet you are ok...but I was at a cop forum and they all said that if they see tint they'll pull you over and give you a ticket...almost a "here is your ticket, if you disagree, go to court" which we all know its cheaper to pay the ticket than go to court with court fees, attorney and all that crap!!!
  3. Big75

Big75 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Just don't drive it at the end of the month when they're looking to fill their quota.:lol:
  4. Arlo

Arlo New Member

I would go withsome 33" tires and if its neccessary a leveling kit. As far as the lights go I never let the cops influence my decisions!:no: But if you get some black eurosor LED's then the bulbs are red and I really doubt you would be pulled over.
  5. blacknight97

what brand tires do you reccomend? im kinda new in the rubber business. lol
  6. bob13

bob13 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Be careful with the tire sizes. Check your rimm offset and backspacing. 33s will probably rub, depending on the width. I am sure somebody on here is running something like you want on their truck! Good Luck!
  7. blacknight97

i also had another question. i want to put a leveling kit on my truck, i was thinking readylift. but im trying to keep my warranty on, i asked the guy at the dealer and he gave me something like oh it depends on certain things. idk what he's trying to say, does anyone know for sure if it does or dosent void the bumper to bumper warranty?
    thanks!
  8. Kyles03

Kyles03 Rockstar ROTM Winner

33x12.5 Toyo MT's is what i would put on my stock 20's if i had em!
  9. Coolrado

Coolrado Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

welcome to the site.
  10. SilverBeast

SilverBeast New Member

Bob13...Nice truck....:)