Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

New to the forum

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by RiverRat356, Aug 25, 2010.

1. RiverRat356

RiverRat356 New Member

Well hello everyone, My name is Heath and im from New Braunfels TX. I recently bought an 08 GMC Sierra 1500 Vortec Max 6.0L Crew Cab Z71 4x4.

If threre is any performance info yall have on the 6.0 it would be greatly appreciated, Im not familar with the 6.0.

Also im looking to go with some 33x12.5. OR a simalar size as in 295-205 or whatever. What would be the best way to fit them? Leveling kit or 2-3 inches of suspension, preferably the cheapest, but not a cheap product, know what I mean.

When I got this truck it meant I got rid of my 98 F-150 4x4 with 6" suspension and 3" body, sitting on 38x15.50 Kuhmo Muds on 18x10 067 series Eagle wheels. It was hard, but it was time to be a little more ecomomical!

So I got the approval from the wife to make my GMC sit and look better, but can't do anything like before. So ill have alot of questions for you guys, and cant wait to get started.

1 person likes this.
  2. KWG08VMI

KWG08VMI Rockstar 100 Posts

welcome to GMTC. As with all motors the usual cold air intakes, headers and cat back exhaust are always a good place to start for performance. Installing a hand held tuner or a custom tune will bring everything together. The leveling kit will be the cheaper option to fit 33s. there is a ton of info on lift kits on this site. just search the threads for "lift kit info".

3. Eddie Z71

Eddie Z71 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Hi, and welcome to the site!

4. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club.

5. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club!

6. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome aboard.

7. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome!!!

8. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

RiverRat from New Braunfels...as in rafting the Guadalupe? My Mom's family is from there. Great town. Love the Schlitterbahn and the BBQ in Gruene.

9. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the GMTC ! I'll be sure and give you a shout if I see you in NB!