1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New to the Forum

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by 07SilveradoSwag, Apr 22, 2012.

1. 07SilveradoSwag

07SilveradoSwag New Member

Good day all, I'm new to this forum, however have been somewhat of GM enthusiast for the past 15 years or so. The car I own is a 2007 Chevy Silverado 2500HD. I have some questions about some body work that needs to be done. I have a dent in the bed that's directly behind the cab, and I've gotten quotes for repairs however my truck has the issue with rail rot. There's many small rust specs under the wheel wells on the bed, and there's a lot of rust forming where the bed is attached to the frame. In other words there's a significant amount of rust under the bed which is very premature for a 5 year old truck. My question is to spend the money repairing the damage to the bed yet still having the rust issue OR buying used bed w/o rust from a junk yard. Any Ideas? Thank you!
  2. retired2001

retired2001 New Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the G M T C ! If the bed is rusting that badly, I would look into a new or used bed. Have it treated with LineX or something of that type, includeing the under side. Then, make sure to address the rust on the frame. Good luck!
  3. donyms

donyms Active Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club, it's good to have another GM guy on here. X2 on what retired said. Good luck............ :glasses:
  4. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the NE.. It happens to every truck around here.. I would not worry about it much. A good body shop to go to is Valanca in the Bronx. Ask for Louie. He does Great work and Custom work and paint if needed..
  5. GMCErica

GMCErica New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

WELCOME TO GMTC!! Hope that you are enjoying the club and the site. Hope that you will join the rest of the guys/girls at your regional summer truck meet on August 4th/12. Check it out in the Coffee Shop!! :)
  6. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

We are the Borg. Lift your truck and surrender your keys. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile. Erm, I mean ... welcome to GM Truck Club! :great: As you've already had sound suggestions from others there's no need for me to chime in...
  7. Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog New Member ROTM Winner Platinum Contributor

:sign0016: Welcome to the club and enjoy the site........
  8. mfleetwood

mfleetwood New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the Club!!!
  9. AutoAnything

AutoAnything New Member

Welcome the forum, enjoy!!!
  10. jfk

jfk Member

Welcome to the site.