1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New to the forums

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by COdix699, Oct 1, 2013.

Random Gallery Photos

1. COdix699

COdix699 New Member

Hey guys, I just picked up a 2002 2500hd extended cab 8.1 Allison 4x4. 148,000 miles. we got a deal we couldn't pass up. exterior is almost flawless, interior is just as nice. bought it to pull my 5th wheel, do some light house work and a little hunting. Truck came from Arizona, now resides in Kentucky. Used to have a 12v pump someone mounted to the top of the engine pushing the a/c, not sure what that was for and got a horrible noise coming from the t case when in 4 hi/lo. looked at the back of the case and its dryer than any vehicle I've been under, not ruling out pump rub, but was told by the seller that the chain was the issue. never been into a t case before, but it seems like there's no time like the present to lean. Low oil light came on today on the way home from work. Here's hoping it doesn't burn oil like it burns gas. :rofl:
  2. 08_rado_rocker

08_rado_rocker New Member 100 Posts

Welcome to the family bud!

How much did you end up stealing it for? I've always wanted to build an 8.1 for my truck.. but then again, i enjoy getting more than 10 mpg haha! Sounds like a sweet ride though, get some pictures of it up! What kinda plans do you have as far as modifications other than the 5th wheel?

4x4 isn't really an area of expertise on my end, being the proud owner of a lowered truck, but there are PLENTY of people around here who will have some answers on it for you!
  3. COdix699

COdix699 New Member

Thanks 08_rado_rocker(good luck with the 240 build, ill have another one day). not many plans for modifying it. Bought it for 6k even. came with preinstalled flowmaster muffler, dual pipes, 1 muffler, half tool box, k&n filter, and brand new goodyear wrangler all terrains. really looking for the 5th wheel and my wife wants a lot of pink camo:shocked:.
  4. mfleetwood

mfleetwood New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome to the Club and congrats on your new ride!!!
  5. 08_rado_rocker

08_rado_rocker New Member 100 Posts

Haha, I'm glad to see another 240 fan on here! This is my first (of 9 total so far) 240s and also my first car.. so she's not going anywhere!

Sounds like you got a freaking unheard of deal on that pickup! Im sure the pink camo will match your personality just fine!!:rofl:

Again, welcome to the site! We look forward to getting to know ya!
  6. COdix699

COdix699 New Member

IMG_20131002_095005_579.jpg here it is in all its glory. The pink camo idea makes me a little ill, but my wife has had an 00 Camaro v6 drop top, and a 04 grand Cherokee i6, while ive had an 84 Silverado, 91 240sx, 81 f150, 98 Monte Carlo, 96 vw Jetta, 82 Suzuki gs 550, 94 s10(4.3 5 speed :) ), 95 geo tracker( 2wd, handled like a go kart), 79 f150( cried when i sold it), 2 96 Yamaha seca II, 96 ranger(4" lift, 3.0 5 speed, rattle can camo) and an 04 Taurus, she said it was her turn.
  7. silverhobey

silverhobey Member 100 Posts

Welcome from Canada.....8.1. Awesome.even truck....good looker....Brian from Canada