new to the site/tonneau cover

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by 2013Sierra, Jul 5, 2013.

1. 2013Sierra

2013Sierra New Member

Hey everyone. Im new to the site. Just upgraded my 06 Sierra to a new 2013 Sierra.

Decided to join a forum to be able to ask around about products and issues that may arise with my new truck.

At the moment I'm looking for a tonneau cover. I use my truck bed quite often but would like a tonneau cover to keep snow out the back of my truck in the winter and also to help with the gas mileage. I would like something that is easy to either flip or roll up, and once flipped or rolled up give me access to the full length of the truck bed.

Any recommendations? Brands, models?

Thanks for any input.

2. Goldie

Goldie Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the Club! I have an Extang, the type without the snaps and really like it. The only draw back for me is using it in the winter. It's still easier than the snap model but may be difficult to close. I'd take that sort of thing into consideration when looking.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2013
  3. GM Customer Service

GM Customer Service Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Hello,

Welcome! GM Customer Care is here if you ever need our assistance. We are only a private message away.

Safe travels,

Jennifer T.
    GM Customer Care

4. KyleZ71

KyleZ71 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

I currently have the Extang Trifecta Tonneau and love it. Looks nice, easy to flip back, and since its not a snap on design there are no problems with the cold making it tough to close.

5. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the site.

6. Bighornkid

Bighornkid Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Welcome to The Club.

7. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club, it's great to have you aboard. :glasses:

8. redneck70

redneck70 Rockstar

Welcome to the club, I've had a Truxedo Lo-Pro QT for 2 years now on my non garaged truck and it still looks great, it has Velcro up both sides which provides a really good seal against dirt and water. In my part of Canada it's survived 90+ summers and -30 winters with absolutely no fading or tearing, since there's no snaps and it has a spring loaded tensioner it's easy to close no matter what the temperature is. http://www.truxedo.com/lopro/land.php

9. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the Club and congrats on your new ride!!!