1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New to the site

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by alaska dreamin, Jan 5, 2014.

1. alaska dreamin

alaska dreamin New Member

Hello, My name is Stephen Taylor. I have a 2012 Silverado crew cab 4x4, 4.8l. I hope to find some helpful ideas for my truck. I have owned a few GM trucks from my 1988 two wheel drive that I drove to Alaska and back. I had a 2000 Silverado Z71 and a 2002 GMC Sierra. This is the first one with the 4.8l. I am looking to get some advise on how to add more power to the little V8. I miss my 350 and 5.3. Cost is what got me into this one. I have looked at programmers and Intake kits, plus exhausts. Not sure what to use as I usually didn't have to worry about it. I do tow a 3200lb travel trailer with it. So my main reason for more power is the trailering and to help with gas mileage. Any help would be great.
  2. the phantom

the phantom Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome to the club!!! If you spend any time here and do some searching you should be able to find all kinds of ideas as long as your wallet lets you:lol:Ive seen several threads and posts on ideas for increasing Horsepower and MPG and from what I have gathered its usually a combination of cold air intake, exhaust, programmer and not in any particuliar order. These are the easier more cost friendly "beginning" add ons IMO. It seems every truck is different so when you go to get a programmer do some research. there are a couple out there that do custom tunes for your specific truck(ex. put the programmer on for a couple weeks then the programmer representative will custom tune it according to the feedback your truck gives the programmer)

Good luck and once again welcome to the club!!
  3. Curky

Curky New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome to the club, what phantom said....
  4. Camaro69car

Camaro69car New Member 100 Posts

Welcome to the Club from VA!

Safe travels my friend.
  5. ChevyBoy2009

ChevyBoy2009 New Member 100 Posts

Welcome to GMTC!